If you have ever been interested in mindfulness, in exploring how to still the ‘chattering monkey’ mind, re-connect with yourself and the world around you, we have just the course for you: Mindful Nordic Walking.
What is it?
Mindful Nordic Walking is a four week course using Nordic walking to explore the concept of mindfulness and mental wellbeing. It will cover areas such as:
- How we can use our breathing for rhythm, stillness and calm;
- The power of ‘grounding’ ourselves whilst Nordic walking;
- The rich metaphors in our language surrounding walking and wellbeing;
- The tempo of Nordic walking itself and its connection with mindfulness;
- The positive effect of using all our senses – sight, sound, smell, touch – whilst walking;
- Our feelings and emotions at the start of a walk plus how these change during and after walking;
- Tapping into the natural world around us and our relationship with it.
Who is leading it?
The course will be led by Mel Mackintosh, whom many of you will know. Not only is Mel a regular Nordic walker, she has practiced as a GP for 30 years, is a qualified Nordic walking instructor and counsellor, and has a keen interest in mental wellbeing and how this can be positively impacted by Nordic walking.
When and where is it?
Mindful Nordic Walking is a series of four hour-long Nordic walks.
Time: Wednesday 10-11am
Meeting place: Ashton Court Mansion House
Dates: 11th October, 18th October, 1st November, 8th November
(NOTE: There will be no class on Wednesday 25th October due to school half-term)
Cost and numbers
The cost for the course is £40. It is not possible to pay individually for each class.
There is a limit of 10 people for the course.
Any further questions?
If you have any further questions please contact email@example.com. You need to know how to Nordic walk but you don’t need your own poles – we can lend you these.